1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved How to delete Photbucket images?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kenneth7379, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenneth7379

kenneth7379 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ken
    I'm having difficulty performing certain functions on my Photobucket account. I recently resubscribed in order to regain access to my pictures. However, my photo-count and bandwidth appears to be artificially inflated by posted out-of-focus duplicates of many of my pictures. I want to delete all of the duplicates and also delete a number of photo images which are no longer relevant. I'm having trouble finding a way to do this. The methods they describe for removing pictures don't seem to work, or delete the image for a few seconds and then they reappear. Can you advise me in any way? I feel frustrated and taken advantage of because they seem to only be willing to let me view my pictures on their site, but I don't have any control over being able to delete them or download them. I really appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8080 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1988 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 224 GB (179 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1495
    Antivirus: Malwarebytes, Enabled and Updated

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

This is how I do it..................

Hold mouse cursor over pic
    Upper left of pic will appear 3 horizontal lines above each other
    Move mouse cursor to those lines
    From the drop down select what action you want to take (Move, Copy, Delete, Edit, Share.)

If you want to delete an entire Library Album
    Click on the Album you want to delete
    Once open look to right of page
    Select Delet Album

To Download....................
    Click on pic
    On right side of page select Download

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  3. kenneth7379

First Name:
    Ken
    Thanks for your response, 2twenty2. I'm having difficulty doing as you recommended. When I log on, my page (on my main Windows 7 computer) doesn't display thumbnail images . It shows what I assume are album covers with no graphics menu or checkmarks. If I click on that album cover, it shows the individual pictures, scrolling down, but again, no graphic menu. On my backup computer (XP with Firefox), I select which album I want to view from the menu on the left of the screen. Thumbnails of the images appear, but clicking on that three-line menu produces only four options....Share, edit, copy, flag. The delete option is no longer on the list. Selecting any of the available options seems to only provide a pop-up which wants me to log in, and when I try to log in, it rejects my log-in information. I've also noticed that previously, the image appeared on the left 2/3rd's of the screen, and on the right, there would be a list of various links to the image and the option of sharing to various social media, or downloading, or deleting the image. That list on the right side of the page has disappeared. I've contacted Photobucket Support to inquire about this, but I've had no response yet.

From what I can see, my image count and bandwidth usage has been artificially exaggerated by the large numbers of fuzzy/out-of-focus duplicates that have appeared (I assume to force me to subscribe to a more elaborate/more expensive subscription), and without a delete function, there appears to be no way to rectify this. I've also been unable to download any pictures by saving them to My Pictures......When I save a picture from Photobucket, all that appears is a symbol, but not the image. My appraisal of the situation is that they appear to be blocking any attempt to remove pictures or copy them to other sources to force users to permanently subscribe to their service. At the least, I find their way of doing business to be unscrupulous. I'm determined to find a way to solve this situation, even f it comes down to setting my camera up on a tripod in front of a screen to take photographs of my images, and then nuking my whole Photobucket account. Obviously, I'd prefer to find a way to properly download to recover my content.

I appreciate any suggestions and will give any advice a try at this point.

4. kenneth7379

First Name:
    Ken
    Made a breakthrough! We just tried going into my Photobucket account with my buddy's laptop, which we think is on Windows 10......The delete function appears to work on Windows 10 which it didn't in Windows 7 or XP. We also did a trial download to save a picture to storage that's not on the Photobucket site, and that appears to work, we think. I might still be able to find a way to recover my content and nuke Photobucket, which would really make my day. My buddy seems to think I will be able to burn my pictures on to discs too, which would save having to buy an outboard memory block or whatever they're called (I assume discs would be cheaper)

5. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Sorry but thats all I got to offer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice