1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to delete XP and only keep Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shyamsakha, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shyamsakha

shyamsakha Thread Starter

Hi i have 2 drives, each with Vista and XP

how do i uninstall XP ... would it be a good idea if i do? Because Vista runs fine at the moment... VISTA ULTIMATE!

2. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

I've seen very few reports of machines successfully running w/vista, and TONS OF MACHINES NOT RUNNING THE OS PROPERLY (including mine). I would seriously consider NOT removing XP for several months!!!

Vista also deactivates XP permanently...

3. shyamsakha

shyamsakha Thread Starter

kul thanks.... ill consider that :)

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Wow. And it's only been out for such a short while. And people are still having problems with XP ;-)

How long have you been running Vista and are pleased with how it works for you? That may also be a consideration.

5. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

I'm sure that the bug discovery rate will not decay for many, many months... , even if the patch/fix rate does keep pace.

Whereas, is the ratio the same for XP?

Sorry to get off-topic there, shy.:) Do research on the OS! Wait for others to fix the flaws.

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

shyamsakha,

Back to you.

How long have you been running Vista and are pleased with how it works for you? That may also be a consideration.

7. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Wow. I have been running Vista since the day it came out. I have had a couple of problems, but have been able to resolve all of them so far. (No HP 2600n drivers, but the 2620 drivers work. No fully functioning drivers for the Logitech G15--not yet a big problem.)

I am pleased with Vista (so far).

Courtney sends...

8. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

It did sound like you liked Vista which is good news. Not always the case. I have somewhat mixed experiences depending on the requirements.

For you, is hard drive space a problem?

For example, is Vista on one and XP on the other. Or do both drives have both operating systems?

If they are on separate drives, you just take out the XP drive boot to Vista. If you need to go back for whatever reason, you can just put the drive back in. You can also image the XP drive in case you want to use it now for something else but decide to use XP later.

9. MMJ

MMJ Guest

which drive are the boot files on?

or have you solved this?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!