How to disable integrated sound and video?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

restes964

A friend of mine has a Gateway computer. He says it has integrated sound and video, but wishes to upgrade to a 32MD Radeon card and a Sound Blaster sound card. He has contacted Gateway, and was told there is no way to disable the integrated components. I have not seen his computer nor do I have any information as to what model it is, but I have never heard of this problem before. Has anyone else had to deal with this, and if so what can be done? Thanks for any help you can offer.

You really need the make and model to make that determination. Some of the newer motherbords will disable the on-board stuff once an add on card is plugged in, some are disabled in the BIOS and some are disabled with jumpers on the motherboard.

restes964

I asked some more questions about it, and it is a GP7i-600SE. I can not find any information on the web yet, but I am still looking.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online