1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Disable Intel 82801Ba Ultra Storage Controller -244B

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by onewinsome, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onewinsome

onewinsome Thread Starter

I have Intel board with 82801Ba Ultra Storage Controller -244B
    Now I have an problem where want to use IDE PCI Controller Drivers MUST be OS STANDARD IDE PCI Drivers will any one know how to do that I check in the bios there is no way there to stop these driver to run and when I remove them from device manager it ask me to restart my Box and then it come back again automatically is there an way that I can stop it and use the Stander IDE and PCI Drivers ,

If it is possible and I am sure there must be some one please let me know

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Recheck the bios setup.

3. onewinsome

umm thanks admin for welcomming me ok i recheck it alredy so many time i can't find it
    and if i find in under my hard disk menu the option are gray i can't change them only i can disable the IDE port that all

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Unless this is a very strange setup, you can disable the on-board IDE controllers in the BIOS. How about an exact model for your Intel Motherboard.

5. Bal3Wolf

Bal3Wolf

if your using intel tru newer chipset drivers. If you diable ide and your using ide your not gonna boot into windows.

6. onewinsome

o yes i can disable them but as one has alredy stated that when i disable the IDE then i shall not able to run widows untill i use IDE card. so i find after all research that i can't stop this to run so i have 2 things 1 change my MB or to leave what i was doing and the 2nd option is good for me ,

thanks FOR YOUR HELP

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice