1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Disable Kodak EasyShare software on startup

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Nancyboy, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancyboy

Nancyboy Thread Starter

Hi. I'm trying to disable my Kodak EasyShare Digital Display software on startup but I can't locate it. I have Windows Vista Home Prem. I've run msconfig and gone to the startup tab, but I can't find it. I only have 3 startup items that show an unidentified manufacturer (Adobe reader speed launcher--go figure, the other Adobe items show Adobe as manuf.; WMPNSCFG--I think that's Windows Media; and Comcast AntiSpy Client). The Kodak file is located under C:\Program Files(x86) in My Computer. I use it once in a while and don't necessarily want to uninstall it, but it slows down my startup quite a bit so I'd like to disable it. Any ideas? Thanks for any advice.

2. wantobefree

wantobefree

This is a common question from the Kodak Easyshare program. You could go to the Startup tab and expand the command column to locate the directory where Easyshare is located. Or you could go to Regedit and do a manual removal of the program. Here are the specific steps if you choose not to disable from Startup Tab.

1. Go to [Start] Menu ->[Run]-> [Regedit]
    2. Save a copy of your registry keys
    3. Through Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\
    3. Right click the program you don't want to load and click Delete.
    4. Exit Registry and Reboot

Like I said in Step 2, save a copy of your registry key before proceeding to prevent unwanted errors.

3. Nancyboy

Nancyboy Thread Starter

Thanks much for the reply. Before I could try what you suggested, I stumbled upon a "Start-Up Manager" task in my Norton 360 program and was able to disable the Kodak on the start menu. I do appreciate your time in giving me a solution, though. It's frustrating when you are not that computer savy (sp?) and can't get something to work like you want it to. The help I've gotten from these tech forum websites has been invaluable! Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977219

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice