1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to disable mipmap settings on my mobile intel 45 express chipset family wddm 1.1?

Discussion in 'Games' started by DaSalmon, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaSalmon

DaSalmon Thread Starter

I need to know how to disable mipmap settings on my laptop which has this video card: "mobile intel 45 express chipset family wddm 1.1"

I've updated it, but I need to disable mipmap settings so I can play Path of Exile. I have NO idea how to find a way to disable mipmap settings. This video card doesn't appear to have any kind of user interface or software it comes with to adjust it's settings.

Can someone help me out with this? =)

2. DaSalmon

DaSalmon Thread Starter

anyone?

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Contact the game manufacturer. I have never seen mipmapping, let alone to disable it. Sounds like a game coding issue.

4. DaSalmon

DaSalmon Thread Starter

I did contact them, and they said, "His graphics card is likely overriding the game’s Mipmap settings. Go
    into his graphics card driver options, and find settings related to
    performance speed or mipmap - Turning them back off or removing the override will return the game to normal."

I have no idea how to access this option. How would I go about finding it?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Check Control Panel for the Intel -something... it should be your video card settings.

6. DaSalmon

DaSalmon Thread Starter

Ok I've contact Intel and they had no idea, I contacted Acer(it's an Acer laptop) and they had no idea either mostly cause they wanted me to pay for computer support because it was out of warranty. I'm sitting here at a dead end. Is there no one who knows how to disable mipmapping? =(

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Without seeing the video settings on your computer I have no clue. Again, I have never seen this request from any game at all.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice