1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to disable on-board video slot...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by axis77, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. axis77

axis77 Thread Starter

Im working on a pc that has a on-board video port, and for some reason when I turn the pc on the screen is black and I get a series of long beeps, my first reaction was to swap out the memory because I know that is a big one for pc's not being able to boot. So with new ram it still has the same result, so I tried to install a pci video card because this pc doestn have a ago slot. Also I cant get into the bios to disable this on board video port. Asus Terminator P4
    (1)256 mb DDR pc2100
    (1)Intel P4 2.8ghz.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. axis77

axis77 Thread Starter

well thanks for the reference to this page , I should find it useful in the future but I did find out that I have Phoenix Bios and the codes look pretty vague to me, I dont understand the 4-3-3-2, 1-1-3-4, etc...

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

4 beeps a pause 3 beeps a pause................

5. axis77

axis77 Thread Starter

well i thought that was the concept here but if its just 1 long beep a pause...1 long beep a pause.....it doesnt make sense because my problem doesnt exist with this format. How do I disable the on board video port if I cant get to the bios because of a black screen?

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Check the manual for the motherboard. Some use jumpers to disable the onboard video.

7. axis77

axis77 Thread Starter

well I know that in the bios they have a setting for disabling the on board video, but I looked at the manual and no luck trying to find a jumper for on board video, do all mobo's have a jumper? In case your wondering here is a link to the actual pc.
    http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?langs=09&m=terminator p4

8. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Not sure what to suggest at this point. If I were you, I'd try contacting the motherboard maker and see if they have any ideas. They could possibly give you the exact sequence of key strokes to disable it in the BIOS without seeing it on the screen. It's a long shot though ...

BTW, I don't see where you've mentioned that you tried another monitor. I assume you have but I figured I'd ask anyway, have you?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice