1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to disable one note

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sarap, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sarap

sarap Thread Starter

microsoft one note has started appearing voluntarily whenever i try to print something. i want it olff but since i don't know how it got turned on, i am at a loss. how do i get this out of here?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What operating system? Basically, you need to change the installed options in Office. In Windows XP, you'd go to Add/Remove Programs, select Microsoft Office, and click the Change button. Then follow the screens to de-select One Note. In Windows 7, go to the Control Panel, and click Uninstall under Programs, right-click Microsoft Office, and select Change.

3. mrcrassic

mrcrassic

In addition to the above suggestion (which is correct), you can also disable the OneNote printer by doing the following:

Windows XP and older:
    Go to Start, then Control Panel, and click on Printers and Faxes. If you have any other printer on that window, right-click one and select Set as Default Printer. When you print new documents, you should no longer see that as the first option.

Windows 7:
    Go to the Printers and Faxes window by searching for it in the Start Menu. You can also go to the Control Panel by clicking on the Start Menu and selecting the Printers and Faxes window there. Afterwards, follow the same instructions as above to set another printer as the default.

Hope this helps,
    Carlos

4. sarap

sarap Thread Starter

i went to control panel and deleted one note altogether. we'll see if that works.

i tried the previous suggestion and using 'change' went into office. but i don't see any command that would allow me to delete or disable one note. i have windows xp, btw.

i'm going to reboot, then try to print something and see if one note stays away.

5. sarap

sarap Thread Starter

bingo! looks like it's gone. thanks so much for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888471