How To Disable (or Manage) AVG Outbound Email Scans

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

halnow

AVG lately has been laboriously scanning my outbound emails, taking up to a half hour or more where graphics were included. And worse it sends each message three times. Incoming messages are inbox-listed in triplicate, too.

What to do?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi halnow

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Double click on the AVG icon in your Notification tray
Right click on the E-mail Scanner component and select Properties.
General tab > Configure

In the Test Options dialog box you can remove the check marks for Scan Outgoing mail and Certify mail.

If you also want to disable scanning Incoming mail uncheck that option.
Click OK, OK to save and close.

If you disable all scanning options, AVG's icon may turn black, if that happens in the E-mail Scanner's properties, place a check mark in: Ignore Plug-in status

Let us know if that works for you.

In the event that there is no option for "Email Scanner" in the AVG (7.0) interface, are there any other options for speeding up outgoing email with attachments?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
PJ Staley said:
In the event that there is no option for "Email Scanner" in the AVG (7.0) interface, are there any other options for speeding up outgoing email with attachments?
If you cannot see the E-mail scanner component, in AVG's Control Center,
click View > Components
and select the E-mail Scanner component.

Other than disabling the outgoing e-mail scanning, I don't know of any way to speed up the e-mail scanning.

I discovered through 2 full days of total frustration that the email and/or virus program is not the problem. I recently purchased a Linksys router and have had nothing but problems since. When I disconnect the router and hook the ethernet cable directly into the modem, my computer runs at it's usual speedy pace.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
PJ Staley said:
I discovered through 2 full days of total frustration that the email and/or virus program is not the problem. I recently purchased a Linksys router and have had nothing but problems since. When I disconnect the router and hook the ethernet cable directly into the modem, my computer runs at it's usual speedy pace.
Sounds like the router may not be configured properly, what model number is it?
Perhaps we can assist you in the proper configurations.

I took the Linksys router back and purchased a Netgear Cable/DSL Web Save Router RP614 v3. I signed up with Packet8, have talked to my local cable provider, and Packet8, and bottom line is... now I have no phone at all. (in case I didn't mention it, I'm trying to get my VoIP working.) That's the reason I got the router to begin with.

Thanks Fiedler for all your help. I have gotten to the point of frustration with the process and have decided to abandon the project. I have gone back to my good ol' analog service. Maybe someday when I get smarter I'll try again.

Best Regards

PJ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts