Status
Not open for further replies.

How to display lookup results so they can be copied&pasted

Solved 
Tags
excel lookup
705 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  somguyinnj 
#1 · (Edited)
I created a spreadsheet that has four columns.

The spreadsheet is being used to cross competitors part numbers over to my companies part numbers.

The first two columns show about 3000 items that I have already made the cross reference on.

Column "C" will be where I enter a new request to "Cross" and in column four (D) I have a formula which will search column Column "A for this part number.

When the Formula in column D finds a match in column "A" then the results already crossed to it in column "B" will be displayed in Column "D".

The formula works perfectly. Here is the formula that I used in column "D" "=VLOOKUP( D2, A:B, 2, FALSE )

My problem is when I go to copy the results that show up in Column "D" those copied results show up where I am pasting the results "AS A FORMULA? and not a value. Right now, I have to manually copy the results (in column "D") and manually paste it "AS A VALUE" where I need it. I'd like to autmate this so I can just copy and paste the result now found in column "D"

Can someone help me solve this so that when I see (get) results in Column "D" , have a new cell show up as a Ready to copy value and not a formula.

Any help or suggestions on this will be appreciated.

Sample file uploaded.

Some (Stumped) Guy In NJ

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.