Solved How to distinguish Surface Book i7 (1 gen) Performance Base?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MarkFK

Mark
Writing from Poland, as this device is very unpopular in my Country and virtually no on-line knowledge about it is available. I have bought this computer as off-leased one (here you can see its specs by the Seller, happy with the price, works well, etc. but got really puzzled about its GPU:

- Seller says it's having 940MX,
- Device itself reports to be Surface Book i7 (various websites claim it was only issued with 965M),
- Both Windows Device Manager and Nvidia Control Panel do not show exact name of GPU, just some Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card.

There is only serial number on the back - giving no results in Google search. I would appreciate any advice

MarkFK

Mark
Thank you for reply @Macboatmaster. Msinfo32 gives the same info as Device Manager: GeForce GPU, NVIDIA. Some clue may be amount of VRAM reported to be 1.00GB, which is definitely 940MX range. On the other hand, it says the same about integrated Intel HD 520, which should (as far as I understand) be using system’s RAM. I will message you the S/N. Regardless the GPU, I am pretty fine with its gaming performance: it makes decent 40fps on “high” setting in World of Tanks. At 1980x1200 it’s not bad. Anyway this is travel and meetings laptop for me, not the gaming device.

Edit: I am probably to clumsy to find “sending private message” here :(

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you send the serial number I will confirm for you.
as I said

also try this
If your PC features an NVIDIA based graphics card and is using an NVIDIA display driver, you can identify the model of the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) in your graphics card by accessing the NVIDIA System Information section of the NVIDIA Control Panel.

1) With your mouse, right-click the Windows desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel as shown in the image below. This will launch the NVIDIA Control Panel.

2)From within the NVIDIA Control Panel, left-click the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner. This will bring up the System Information panel.

This is not the same system info as before if you have it what does this show for graphics please

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts