Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how to do a factory reset

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
I have an old hp pavilion and I am locked out of it. How do I just rest the whole computer since I can't even get in

#2 ·
What please do you mean by locked out

Locked out because of a password issue or locked out - it will not boot or if it does will not load windows

#6 ·
1. From our rules

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
2. I hope you appreciate as explained in the rule, the reason for the rule

3.My good colleague
Cookiegal
will being one of the Tech Support Guy site administrators, make the decision regarding closing the topic..

4. Sorry we cannot help

#7 ·
Before closing please answer some more questions.

You didn't say what the operating system is so please provide that information.

Are there any other users who can successfully log on? I ask because you say you are locked out yet it's your daughter who set the password? :confused:

Doing a factory reset is going to cause you to lose all programs and whatever other items such as documents, photos, music, emails that have been saved since then.

#12 ·
Its a hp pavillion dv8000. P/N EH747UA#AB
S/N CND6070194
You omitted the last character in the part/product number - which is likely EH747UA#ABA

According to HP, the dv8000 series laptop has numerous model numbers:
dv8000 CTO (custom-to-order)
dv8000t CTO (custom-to-order)
dv8002EA
dv8005EA
dv8010EA
dv8013cl
dv8013xx
dv8025EA
dv8026EA
dv8027EA
dv8028EA
dv8029EA
dv8030EA
dv8035EA
dv8040ca
dv8040us
dv8040xx
dv8045EA
dv8050EA
dv8051EA
dv8075EA
dv8088us
dv8099xx

According to part/product number EH747UA#ABA, you have a HP Pavilion dv8013cl laptop.

It originally came with Windows XP Home Edition SP2, so how and when did Windows 7 get installed in it?

From what I can determine, all the dv8000 series laptops originally came with Windows XP Home Edition or Professional or Media Center Edition.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.