1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to do something....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sean9461, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean9461

sean9461 Thread Starter

hi, i have 2 pc's in my house running on windows xp, 1 pc runing windows vista, 3 laptops runing windows xp and 1 laptop runing windows vista.
    i have 5 TV's with suround sound.

i need to be able to sync all of these together to play music.
    is there any software i can use to do this.

i was thinking of a radio tuner, it sends a radio signal, but i can't find out how to use this to recieve it on other pc's. is there any software which lets me listen to radio on my pc's?
    also, all of these computers are networked.

and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Pick one (or more) PC(s) as the "Server", put all the music into one folder on that PC (organized into subfolders if desired) then share that folder.

Then map a drive on the other PCs to the shared folder, then point your player (MusicMatch Jukebox, Media Monkey, Windows Media Player, WinAmp, VLC, RealPlayer, etc) to that drive to build it's playlist.
    Many players will accept a UNC path (\\server\share) so you don't need to map a drive.

Note that copy protected items might only play on the PC that they were originally downloaded/copied/recorded onto, and can't be shared over a network.

They do make Radio capture cards, both AM and FM. You can also find combo TV/FM cards. Just one search:http://www.nextag.com/radio-tuner-card/search-html

There are some radio capture cards that can capture multiple stations at the same time -- these are very expensive though.

3. sean9461

sean9461 Thread Starter

thanks, but i already have the computers networked up, but doing this wont make all of the songs play synced will they?
    or how will i make it synced?

thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!