How to do this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Don't bump your post after just a few hours. You're asking a very obscure and vague question. I see you didn't get any responses to your last thread on this. If you have a specific question about code, post the details.

challapradyumna

Sorry for the early Bump. My question is " Is there any way to put links along with the names in the database without writing <a href..................... </a> everytime??"

DoubleHelix

Banned
That's how you store an HTML link.

The wording of your question makes me wonder if you really understand what you're designing.

challapradyumna

The wording of your question makes me wonder if you really understand what you're designing.
Yes i do.

But i am wondering if there is an easier way since all that changes is the final segment of the URL. BTW i am using Codeigniter.

Agree with doublehelix, your question is not at all clear. I'm guessing at what you are really asking, but surely you understand that you don't have to store the actual characters "<a href=..." *in the database* for every link?

challapradyumna

Yes i don't want to store the actual letters <a href.....> in the database because it becomes such a repetetive task.

colinsp

Colin
Why don't you just store the unique bits of the url in the database table. Then in your php code add the <a href etc as these bits will never change. You don't need to store the entire url. If all the images are in the same folder / directory you only need to store the name of the image and then your code can build the rest of the url.

challapradyumna

Ok. On the same note can you suggest a way to that for the cast where there are more number of Variables to store.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Ok. On the same note can you suggest a way to that for the cast where there are more number of Variables to store.
Do you know what normalization means for database design? Why are you re-writing IMDB? If you want to learn a subject, pick one and study it. You're trying to write code for concepts you don't seem to grasp yet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online