1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to do your own taxes?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by hamster, Jan 21, 2002.

Mark Solved
Advertisement
  1. hamster

hamster Guest Thread Starter

Hi people! This year I want to do my own taxes because I don't feel like spending $60 bucks anymore. :(

but I bet most of you guys do your own cuz you guys are soo smart!!

but I'm just a little hamster that's 3 months old so I'm still learning!!

Is it easy to do your own taxes manually??

Or should I buy some Tax software? And how come there is a cheap one and more expensive one from the same company?? Shouldn't it be the same??

thanks!!

2. hewee

hewee

3. hamster

Ok! What

4. hewee

hewee

Read up and stop paying taxes that you do not need to.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. hamster

6. hewee

hewee

7. hamster

:eek:

8. hewee

hewee

Well more if you click on other links to other sites.

It's your money so think of it as a way to make a lot of money by keeping what is yours.

9. Dark Star

Dark Star

You two guys are killing me...............

hamster just give the nice man $60 bucks will you?

hewee, I gotta tell you man I met a guy 4 years ago at my work who was "hooked up" with the guy that teaches people how it is unconstitutional for the Federal Government to charge taxes to the people because yada,yada,yada.........

He had all the books and he went to the seminars and he was just happy as s**t he had learned about how the Federal Government was out of sync with what was Constitutional and his right as a citizen and hell he even had an 800# to call if he was ever challenged by the IRS and yada,yada,yada......

2 years ago I saw him and he showed me the car he just bought because he figured out that he saved enough not having to pay Federal taxes that he could pay cash for a new car ............and so he had.
    I have to admit he did have my attention, because the more I looked at what he was doing the more I could see he was for real, I even had a friend that I know check payroll and he said " Nope no taxes of any kind taken out of his payroll", I checked with the guy again and he was soooooooo proud of himself he showed me one of his check stubs and sure 'nuff ..........no Federal taxes taken out.

Last year I see this guy again and say hello to him and asked him about the taxes and he said " Yeah well I didn't pay taxes for 4 years and they have placed a lien on my house so I guess they will get their money now because I'm loosing my house over this s**t now since I cannot come up with what they say I owe them.

Randy now lives in an apartment and drives a used car......... and they are also taking Federal taxes out of his checks once again. :rolleyes:

DS

10. hamster

WTF!! damn!! all I was asking if should I do it manually this year and save $60 ( i could buy a huge *** lobster!!)

Is it easy?? or Should I just buy a software that does it.. man!!!

11. hamster

ps.. You have to pay your taxes man.. It's the US... the more you make... the more they take..... thanks to the lazy ###### on welfare and everything eles that people take advantadge of in america.....

You can't cheat the Gov.

Randy is just spacing out man... If a ganster who gets away by killing people, extorting business... blowing up buildings, robbing the innocent can get away scott free...........BUT yet goes to jail for avoiding Taxes???? huh???

12. Dark Star

Dark Star

hamster,

You get the software and you can do your taxes no problem.................you'll want to be sure you figure out the price for both the Fed. and State software and the filing fee as well you'll need to pay that with a credit card.........:p

DS

13. robcaro

robcaro

I just use Turbo Tax every year. No mistakes. No audits. Good Tax results. Need I say more? Usually I pay $19.95 for the program, but it varies with the year.

:cool:

14. jimi

jimi

Ham, rocaro has got it right $20 and your done with it, if you keep buying it import last years info saving some data entry. BTW turbo tax doesn't preclude audits but it's well put together and you will suvive an audit - from one who knows - if you don't lie in the first place:rolleyes:. those boys at the IRS love me, 38K later, and yes they sure do have the authority to seeze all of your bank accounts - long story.

now totally of the subject why did "live chat" turn red on me???

15. combsdon

combsdon

DS...........up here they called themselves "Freemen" and althought they didn't pay taxes, they had no problem taking $$ from other people by charging for their "you don't have to pay taxes" lessons. Now they all are being housed and fed (by yours and my taxes) but what the heck..........they aren't paying taxes;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice