How to downgrade BIOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noobie747

I want to downgrade to a functional BIOS version 2.53 for lenovo thinkpad T440s because the current version 2.54 wasn't able to run bootable media in legacy mode.

Oddba11

Jim
Assuming it's allowed by that BIOS, the process is the same as upgrading. Having said that, you can't always downgrade, at least in my experience. Depending on the installer, you will likely get a message like "version is older than current". If it's allowed, there will be an option to continue.

crjdriver

If you use a windows based program to update the bios [which just about all big box systems do] you are pretty much out of luck. If by chance you have the ability to use a boot disk to update the bios, you have a pretty good chance of success.
I have downgraded many, many bios however they were all on performance motherboards ie asus, asrock, gigabyte, etc. With those there is a bios utility that is built into the bios just for flashing and those will allow you to downgrade.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online