How to download XP updates to CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pearlaking

I am looking for a way to download Windows XP updates to a CD. The reason is I am working on my sister's computer which says she needs many updates, including Windows XP Service Pack 2. She uses dial up and one download can take hours. My computer is on cable hookup and downloads quickly. I would like to download the updates to a cd and transfer to her computer. However, going to the download sites requires it searching my system which doesn't match. I run Win98. Does anyone know how I can get these updates? Thank you.

Pearl King

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to go to Windows Update, and click on the link Use Administrator Options. On that page, click on the link Windows Update Catalog. This will allow you to download any/all updates and apply them later.

You can download from the Windows Update Catalog and save to a folder to burn to cd. I usually run the regular update on the machine to be updated to get a list of updates it needs, then install from the cd.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online