1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to edit an existing video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Dougj, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

I have a video DVD which contains about 3 seconds of video that I want to edit, by adding some text to the images. I have never done any video editing so am new to this. Once I can get the inidiviual images that make up that 3 seconds isolated, I can edit them in paint shop pro. However then I will need to rebuild the video by inputing those editied images in the place of the old images.

So my question is how do I isolate the images in question, pull them out to edit and then rebuild the video in its entirety? nd Next is there any freeware that will work for me to achieve this? At present the only s/w I think I have that may have the capabilites I need is cyberlinks powerdirector 3. But I am not even sure that will do what I need.

Thanks Doug

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice