How to efficiently subnet a network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

subnetmask

I have base ip address 10.6.0.0/8 This is A class ip address. I need to divide this network into 12 subnets, and I need at least 80 computers in one network. Please explain how to calculate correctly subnets. I understand that subnets count should be power of two, so the nearest is 16. But I don't understand what should I do next. Please explain. I have spent day trying to understand this.Thanks.

I am really confused. If your IP address is 10.6.0.0/8, that means your network is 10.0.0.0/8. The means that each /16 has 65534 addresses, and you have 255 of those.

Read this if you are confused.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online