1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to efficiently subnet a network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by subnetmask, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subnetmask

subnetmask Thread Starter

I have base ip address 10.6.0.0/8 This is A class ip address. I need to divide this network into 12 subnets, and I need at least 80 computers in one network. Please explain how to calculate correctly subnets. I understand that subnets count should be power of two, so the nearest is 16. But I don't understand what should I do next. Please explain. I have spent day trying to understand this.Thanks.

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

I am really confused. If your IP address is 10.6.0.0/8, that means your network is 10.0.0.0/8. The means that each /16 has 65534 addresses, and you have 255 of those.

Read this if you are confused.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!