1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to ensure that i have picked a perfect photo paper for good quality printing?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by amehrankit, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amehrankit

amehrankit Thread Starter

Hi, I usually print photos from my own printer but the quality of the photo is not satisfactory. can someone help me by telling how to choose the perfect photo paper for good quality printing.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have closed your other post as the qustions will overlap and we will not see all the answers, which can get confusing

to discuss the printer change - first we would need to know the current printer you have - the source of the images you use and print and then the budget you have to spend

The quality and size of the image is important , what setting are you using for printing DPI/PPI

Is the image size sufficient to print out the size you want ?

i would start with the paper designed for the printer
    then you will need to make sure the colour profiles are correct for the printer on the PC
    depending on what editing program you use, most will allow you to set the correct colour and printer profile
    an ICC file

what program are using to print from
    whats the make and exact model of the printer

often the screen will not match the print out , and again some programs have a gamma setting to setup the monitor , you can get screen calibration devices - but , you should be able to get acceptable results without that

can you explain why

Then once you get good results with the printer manufacturers photo printer - then you can try other makes and see how they work
    also the inks need to be fresh , if they are very old that can cause a cast

and of course the printer itself needs to be a reasonable quality for photo printing

you will see quite a few posts here about printing quality images

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice