1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to erase hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by boogey, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boogey

boogey Thread Starter

hello...me again....how do you erase the hard drive on win xp pro sp1 moved all files i needed to other hard drive want tro erase smaller one and put it back again with a fresh install...over installed before a couple of times.

p.s. i dont need to put windows on the other hard drive to keep the files i have on that drive do I!!! thanx

boogey

2. norton850

norton850

Good morning

Just to be sure I understand. This is a drive from which you've already backed up all needed information and you just want to wipe it clean. And you have another drive in your system with XP on it. All true or not?

3. boogey

boogey Thread Starter

everything i need is put on the other drive on same systembut no operating system on it

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

During the install of XP, you will be given the option for format the drive.

5. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

If you just want to do a new clean install on your main drive put your XP cd (assuming you are running XP) in the CD drive and boot your computer. Then follow on screen instructions.

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/339280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice