1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to erase the many "Removable Disk" icons in My Computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TechHelp, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechHelp

TechHelp Thread Starter

Hi. This is my first post here. Hello everyone.

I have a customer who did not correctly install her digital camera. Every time she connects her camera to her windows xp, the camera is recognized as a new "Removable Disk". She is happy that she can get her pictures to her PC. But now, she has about 7 Removable Disks in "my computer"....

what is the solution to the many "Removable Disk" icons in "my Computer" under windows XP.

How could you remove those ?

2. marklab

marklab

Have you checked removable storage under computer management?

3. fhaslangka

fhaslangka

Welcome to TSG!

I think it's the flash memory that was detected as removable storage not the camera itself. Have you tried right clicking the icons and see if there's a disconnect option? or delete perhaps?

4. TechHelp

TechHelp Thread Starter

thank you for your feedback marklab.

I have not tried that, but I would ........

tell me please:

in your sig, you say:

If my help or anyone elses help benifits you please click on the affero link on the bottom right of the users post. There you can make a donation (To a site of the benificary of the posters choice) and / Or leave a comment about the user.

uhum. I beg your pardon, but where is in fact this "affero link" ? Can you kindly take a screen pick and put an arrow on the affero link?

5. TechHelp

TechHelp Thread Starter

thank you fhaslangka.........

There is no doubt, it is the flash memory (the memory stick) that is being viewed as a removable disk, not the camera itself. I thought this was apparent enough that I did not need to precise.... but now I have learnt.

Thank you

Yes, I have tried right clicking on those removable disks......... there was no option to delete or disconnect........

6. marklab

marklab

Sorry about the affero thing. Old Sig. Got rid of it.

7. rezt0ne

rezt0ne

Try right clicking my computer from the desktop then properties. click the hardware tab then device manager. find the bit where it says removabal storage and rightclick it and choose uninstall. then install cameras drivers and reconnect camera

8. TechHelp

TechHelp Thread Starter

thank you very much

that sounds very logic

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/285921