1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to export and import MSN contact list?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by momtaz, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Hello guys

I was searching about how to save my MSN contact list and import it into another MSN account.
    all the options I found from google search saying that to go to the main list of MSN and "contact" and click "save contact list" but this option does not exist there all.. I have checked all other icon tools I did not see any of the options that lead to save/export contact list and how to import it again,

is there any solution for this issue?
    will appreciate your kind assistance

best regards

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Here is a youtube link on another way of doing it, be a bit patient there is a weird intro first. It's for MSN (actually MSN Live, but still work for you if you don't have MSN live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66vRx-Ueg6k

3. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

this vidoe can't be open and showing a message:

"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Sorry about that."

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Yes, but the Last Line below on the Video screen there is an underlined Link "Watch on Youtube", when you click on that, it brings you to the Youtube Video site.

5. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

if u know the way how to make it tell me the steps in easy way.. example: 1st step > next > next > etc..
    if u have no adea just ignore it

6. vicks

vicks

log on your mail
    click on CONTACTS
    click on MESSENGER CONTACTS
    on the menu bar click on EXPORT CONTACTS
    a file will be created on C:/my documents

once you want to import the contacts to another account just go to
    contacts
    messenger contacts
    IMPORT
    follow the steps given

Vicks

7. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

before I came to post my question here, I have searched on google and found similar answeres.. but the option is not available in in the MSN messanger now, maybe it was available in the older versions,
    so pls before u post any feedbacks make sure that u providing correct technical solution,

8. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

9. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Thanks Ray, i found this link during my search last few days, but this is to export contacts from tha mail and will save into excel file, i tried it already but can't import again to the new acc. i have tried it,
    thanks for the effort anyway..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!