1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to export outlook emails (.pst) into hotmail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jaiyaganesh, Dec 5, 2010.

?

Can we use MS Office 2010 in AMD ATHLON XP, having 512mb ram with a speed of 1.10Ghz?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2010.
  1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jaiyaganesh

jaiyaganesh Thread Starter

hi folks,

I recently installed MS Office and i configured my MS outlook to receive emails from my hotmail account. It downloaded all the mails from my hotmail inbox and stored it in my computer as a .pst file removing all mails from my hotmail inbox, but now when i tried to export all these mails again to hotmail inbox i do not have any clue as to what I should do now. I am afraid if there are no ways to resolve this issue, Please put forth your suggestions. Thank you guys ! have a good day

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Drag the emails back into the hotmail inbox
    Click Send/Receive to resync the folders

4. jaiyaganesh

jaiyaganesh Thread Starter

how could I drag all the emails back to hotmail inbox. the mails which were in hotmail server totally got downloaded into my system and if i click on send/receive its transferring all the new mails from my hotmail inbox to outlook inbox.
    (theoutcaste) - do we have any options in outlook to put back all the emails from outlook inbox into hotmail?

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

How did you configure Outlook to access your hotmail account? Are you using the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, or did you configure Outlook for Pop3 access?
    Click Tools | Account Settings, does your hotmail account show as MAPI or POP/SMTP?

If you set it up as Pop3, the only way to get them back on the server is to email (forward) them to your hotmail account. You'd also need to configure Outlook to leave a copy of all emails on the Server:
    Tools | Account Settings, Change, More Settings, Advanced tab.

If you are using the Outlook Connector, Outlook does not remove anything from the hotmail server, it only stores a copy onto the PC. Whatever is in the hotmail inbox in Outlook is still on the hotmail Server, and accessible via the web interface.
    To remove them, you have to delete them, or drag them to another folder.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/966600