1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to extract .exe on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by tammy_kuromi, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tammy_kuromi

tammy_kuromi Thread Starter

I know this is probably a silly question, but how can I extract .exe on a Mac, I don't have bootcamp or Parallels. I need a simple way to open an .exe, please help?

I'm running my Mac on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 if that helps anything.

2. scobareric

scobareric Banned

3. tompatrick

tompatrick

4. Headrush

Headrush

It all depends on the kind of exe file it is.

If it is a simply a self extracting zip file, you can often rename the .exe extension of the file name to .zip an double click on it.
    Other times you can start /Applications/Utilities/Terminal, type unzip, drag the file into this window and then hit enter.

If it isn't a self extracting zip file, you have to use some Windows emulation type software like noted by tompatrick.
    I would recommend Wineskin over Winebottler though. http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

It's easier to use and the latest beta doesn't require X11 which is another piece of software you would have to install using Winebottler.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097611