How to fid out my IP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soldier

How do I find out my IP address from my computer.
(Running Windows 98)

soldier
Try typing WinipCfg on the start\run line.
See if that works for you.

Dave

If you're connected through a network...then most probably you'll see the Local IP Address(if you try the winipcfg and ipconfig commands) and not the Global IP Address.

Check this link to know your computer's Global IP Address is -

http://www.bcr.org/cgi-bin/IP-address

soldier

Ty for your answers.
Wll pressing Renew or Release change my ip address?

Whether or not it changes your IP depends on the connection. If its dialup, its changing every time you log on any way.
On other connections, that will usually reassign the same IP. To get a new one, unplug your modem overnight and then plug back in. You may have to do this several times before your original IP is given to someone else and you get a new one.

soldier

Thats interesting, what do they use to find out my ip?
Can i implement the same technique on my personal webpage just to see whos using it?

Its only a couple lines of javascript to show the IP, you need PHP, ASP or CGI to get it sent back to you. Unless you need it, the fact that you track their IP may scare visitors away.

soldier

Can it record the ips in a text file?
I need the ip just to see who has been on my site. Nothing illegal, dont worry:rolleyes:.

You would need a more advanced script to capture their IPs, a simple one can only display it. Their IP wont tell you crap about who they are, just there ISP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online