1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to find a display for this Dell Latitude D520?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I don't know if this laptop has a bad inverter, a bad CCFL or some other problem; but, I have diagnosed far enough to tell the picture is on the screen by shining a flashlight onto it. The video controller also does well with an external monitor. So, I want to "shotgun" the problem and just replace the whole display.

I know I can do a simple search on ebay and find all of two buy-it-now displays for a Dell Latitude D520; but, I would like to broaden the scope of displays that will work on this laptop. I know the D520 does not have a totally unique display. In other words, this same display was probably used on many laptop models. Problem is I don't know which ones.

I would like to find a reference that would help.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. Alex Ethridge

I agree it could be the back-light or the inverter; but, I have very little knowledge of what can go wrong with one of these things so I want to just replace the entire display. I know there have to be many laptops from Dell that use the same display.

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Might check the part number on the back of the display.
    Looks like some of them are H4400,JC751 and K4156

5. Alex Ethridge

The part number doesn't help much as most people on e-bay list them by the model number of the laptop they came from.

I gave up today on finding such a reference. I ordered an inverter and a CCFL (back-light)--total cost including shipping is about $25. It's worth that much of a risk.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/841573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice