1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to find Bad Drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by phreaq, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phreaq

phreaq Thread Starter

I've been getting a lot of BSOD on my XP notebook (P4 3ghz, 784 ram). Sometimes it will say an ACPI.sys error, or a Bad Pool Caller, etc.

I've done some looking and it seems it's a bad driver (well, other posts say that).

How do you go about finding which driver it is? There's gotta be 100s of them.....

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

3. Hemant

Hemant

There is a very easy method by doing a File Signature Verification. This can be done by Start -> Run and then type sigverif. On the subsequent screen select 'Advanced' and then click on 'Look for other files that are not digitally signed'. Also then click on 'Browse' button. Follow the screen messages and select C: out of it. Then push 'OK'. Then click on 'Start'. It should display all the UnsignedDrivers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/313223