1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to find e-mail IP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by zergpc208, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

2. awalker0878

awalker0878 Removed by request

3. jmwills

jmwills

Put them in your blocked senders list, never reply to spam. They then know they have a live body.

4. dr911

dr911

Every time i get spam.......I foward the e-mail message along with the "headers" to
    [email protected]

:cool: :cool:

5. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Does yahoo or hotmail not change the IP address time to time:confused:

What about POP3:confused:

6. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Now I'm getting otther strange spam.Okay is there not web site you put in e-mail address and it givs you an IP address.

What about tracing the internet packets :eek: I know you can put tracert web address in MS-DOS Window and it will trace the internet packets, but what about the e-mail address.

7. awalker0878

awalker0878 Removed by request

The way you can discover and IP address for sender of the email is through the internet headers.

The only person who has that ability to know the true identity of the proxy user is the person who is in charge of the proxy server. That is why the best solution is to email [email protected] they take spam abuse seriously and will shutdown the hotmail account. As for yahoo I am not quite sure their mechnisim for reporting email abuse.

8. jmwills

jmwills

9. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I was reading the News on CNN and some how some one change the internet headers by putting a phony name and e-mall address.

Also using proxy to hide the user.But like you say the headers should have the IP address .

You could set up block accout to block IP address or domains like all from com or AOL .

So all e-mail X before &hotmail are blocked but doing this I will not get any hotmail mall from people I know.And I cannot block com out or I will not get to any site with com .

Like www.google.com.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice