1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to find out server details?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by moonrocket, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moonrocket

moonrocket Thread Starter

Hi, how can I find out the server details to set up outlook for my Yahoo account?

When I registered with my current IP, I had problems finding out the info I needed, until I emailed a friend of the same IP, and they let me have the details.

As the settings were simply mail.{IP name} I thought that would be a standard.
    I now also have a yahoo account for my more public surfing, and want to set OE to Yahoo mail too.

Does anyone know what the send/recieve servers are for Yahoo?

Thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. ezymony

ezymony

open up oe click tools accounts add try yahoo.mail.com.....or .net i dont know which one yahoo uses

4. Signature

Signature

5. moonrocket

moonrocket Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't get back before now....been offline for a while!

Thanks for the help, I'd tried what ezymoney suggested before I posted the query, as that's the settings used by my main ip.

Thanks for the link, Signature.
    For some reason, they don't seem to have the same instructions on the .co.uk version, as that's the first place I looked, but I found exactly what I needed there!

6. mahadev

mahadev Guest

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/73872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice