1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to find out.....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Baktash, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Baktash

Baktash Thread Starter

Hi i wanted to buy RAM for my pc. Now i dunno if its a PC 100 or 133 or whatever. where to look for this information? and yea i dont have the user manual

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

Really, the only true way is to pull out one of the RAM sticks and see if there is a sticker on it. 99% of the time, the bus speed will be there. i.e. 100mhz. Another way is to post exactly what processor you have, how old is the computer (approx), and what brand name, if any, it is. Most of the time, with this info, one can make a pretty accurate guess. Then on the other hand, you might have DDR RAM and that can get dicey guessing that. The best way, with no manuals, is to open the case and look on the motherboard for a make and model #. Then do a GOOGLE for it. The specs should show exactly what RAM and speed and the boards limits on RAM. Otherwise, visit the Brand Name's site and enter the serial or model number.

3. Baktash

Baktash Thread Starter

Thanks alot for replying so its a Cicero AMD Duron processor its from the year 2000 and when i click on the properties of "my computer" icon it says 700 MHz and 64MB RAM

4. JohnO28356

JohnO28356

Go to www.crucial.com. They will take your computer info and tell you exactly what memory you need. They make a lot of memory for major mfg's, and sell all types.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice