How to Find the USB Choice for Reinstalling Maxthon 5

dragster1981

Maxthon 5 (I think Maxthon 5.2.7) browser is not booting in .my compaq presario r3000 that originally came with windows xp
The instructions I found say press ESCAPE to bring the menu and then press F9 I guess suppossedly for bringing the USB choice, but when I press F9 nothing happens.
Is there something else I could do? Do I need a new keyboard? Do i have alternatives?
Any information, please, is greatly appreciated.

dragster1981

I inserted an empty 16 GB flash drive in my HP stream 14-ds0xxx laptop with windows 10, i clicked on mypal-28.15.0.win32.install,exe and i got the message "mypal-28.15.0.win32....exe was blocked because it could harm your device." and I clicked the delete button before removing my flash drive.
Is there a way to continue and is it recommended?
As always I appreciate any information, please

managed

Allan
Looks like what you did tried to install it onto your Windows 10 computer.

Copy the mypal-28.15.0.win32.install.exe file onto the Usb stick then plug the stick into the XP computer and copy it somewhere, the Desktop maybe, then run it from there.

dragster1981

Thanks a lot for the replies.
OK, I have my windows 10 laptop and my empty 16 GB flash drive. How do I get the mypal-28.15.0.win32.install.exe file to the usb?
Thanks in advance and I appreciate any information, please.

managed

Allan
1. Open Windows 10's File Explorer, right click on the mypal... file then click on Copy in the menu that pops up.
2. Right click on the Usb stick's drive letter and click on Paste which will put the file onto the Usb stick.
3. Safely remove the Usb stick (https://www.howtogeek.com/685934/how-to-safely-remove-a-drive-on-.windows-10/)
4. Plug the Usb stick into the XP computer
5. On the XP PC open Windows Explorer (aka My Computer) and this time Copy the file from the Usb stick to the Desktop using the method in step 2 above
6. Double-click the file on the Desktop to start the install then follow the instructions on the screen.

dragster1981

Thanks again for the replies.
I could get mypal-28.15.0 file to an USB drive, but using SAVE AS.
But my compaq presario r3000 with windows xp does not even boot to the desktop page where i could click my username. Pressing ESCAPE takes me to a menu that does not have a choyce for USB drive and then pressing F9 does nothing. Pressinf F12 does not help, and pressing F10 takes me to the BIOS but there is not a choice for USB drive. the only choices are:
ATAPI CD-ROM drive
Floppy diskette drive
*Hard drive
Network adaptor.
What my laptop does is start where i can press ESCAPE, F10 or F12, then to the black screen in which I can choose START WINDOWS NORMALLY,, SAFE MODE and another three, and then it goes to the microsoft windows page, then back to the beginning, and keep cycling this way indefinitely. I have to press and hold the power button to turn it off.
I have the windows XP installation CD. The battery is defective, and i can use it only for about 25 minutes, but if I buy a new one I could try to clean install windows XP, and then install SP3 because the installation CD is with SP2, and finally install mypal-28.15.0.
But i would appreciate to be told if I can have a better alternative,, please, just in case there is one.

managed

Allan
Just for your information you don't try to boot the Usb stick to install mypal, you just copy the mypal...exe file onto the desktop (or wherever you like) then run it and the install should begin.

You didn't mention your XP would not run properly before.
You need to re-install XP using the CD and you do need to boot the CD to do it.
You should be able to run that laptop using the charger, with or without the battery connected to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online