1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to fix corrupt files that were recovered from being deleted?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dcarty, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dcarty

dcarty Thread Starter

I was transfering photos and videos from a memory card to a folder on my computer and i thought i had gotten all of them so i deleted the files from the memory card and then realized that half of the photos and videos were not saved on my computer. I am not sure how it happened, but i used the program Recuva to try to recover them and it only found 2 jpgs, and it found a bunch of the videos, but the videos are over written and the jpgs are corrupt. None of the files will open.

Is there any way or any program that i can download for FREE that is safe for my compuer and can help me?? I am soooo sad i lost these photos/videos, as they were from christmas. :( PLEASE help me get these files back !! Thank you

2. timmy1986

timmy1986 Banned

there is Recuva free program.

3. dcarty

dcarty Thread Starter

As I stated in my first post I already used Recuva. It recovered my files and allowed me to save them to my computer, but when I try to open the files they do not work because i think they got overwritten or corrupt.

4. valis

valis Moderator

timmy: you've been warned in the past to pay more attention. Please do so. Thanks. :)

dcarty, off of a memory stick, I am not entirely sure. I'm going to transfer this to hardware, however, in the hopes that some gearhead will know of a way to do it.

thanks,

v

5. valis

valis Moderator

also, if you don't get an answer in 24 hours or so, post back here (it will automatically bump it to the top) and see if I can flag down someone.

thanks for your patience, and one thing to clarify, if you could; are we trying to recover them from the files deleted on the memory stick, or from the HD on the pc?

thanks,

v

6. dcarty

dcarty Thread Starter

Thank you Valis!

I am trying to recover the photos and videos from the memory stick, because I am 90% sure I never got them saved onto my harddrive on my computer.

Thank you for your help!

7. dcarty

dcarty Thread Starter

I'm new to using this website and I'm not actually sure how to move this post to other sections. Any ideas?

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice