how to fix corrupted xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tim973

Hi,I just bougth an emachine computer model is W1500 and it has xp home amd athlon xp 1600+. My questin is how to fix corrupted windows xp. I called to teach support they told me I have to reinstall fresh windows xp (its mean I have to format my hard disk )I dont want to format my hard disk I m bored to download service packt and windows update please help

Try this first: Go to Start/Run-- type in sfc /scannow (note space between c & /). Have your XP CD ready. This will find and replace missing/corrupt system files. Hopefully, this might be all you need. Worth a try.

tim973

thanks john I will try next problem . Now I just reinstalled my windows xp now I m downloading windows updates . Thank you very much john I will try it next corruption.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts