How to fix glitching app?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joahncena

Hello! I wanted to ask, as an IT person, how would you fix a glitching application if you were the one who made the app? Thanks!

JiminSA

Jim
Put in displays - e.g. Line 1492 ... Line 1493 ... Line 1494 etc., close to the problem area in your code to isolate where the bug is

what language? Add error checking into your routines and get them to log out eg.
java
try{

}catch(exception e){
logMessage(e.string);
}

vb
function functoinName()
on error goto errHandle

exit function
errHandle:
logMessage( cstr(err.num) + "- " + err.description + " - at functionName ")
exit function

JiminSA

Jim
I failed to mention the help you can get by using the various inspector tools offered by browsers - e.g. Chrome has the F12 key function, which takes you into page structure analysis - the 'inspect' option on right-click of page element, Firefox has Ctrl/Shift/i, etc.,;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online