1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to fix memory.dll problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by hakojako, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hakojako

hakojako Thread Starter

since i got battlefield 2142 iv been getting these memory.dll problem...it says"memory.dll: sanity check:block size -120614950 (2945.73MB)doesnt seem sane" and i havent been able to fix it.. i cleared my temp folder..i increased my page file size..iv re-installed the game more then a dozen times.. has anyone have this probem before in the passed and has found a fix?

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Welcome to TSG! (y)

This any help?
    Taken from here.. post # 23 ;http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=30247

Also a recommendation to set your resolution to one the game supports.. ??? Still looking.

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Also.. Did you download it or get the CD?

It seems many blame a poor installer that comes with the downloaded ones.. (from EA or even the Demo)

Wow, the more I read the more people I see with the same error...
    Some just give up... Sorry, but I haven't found a definite solve for this yet..
    One guy said the original worked but as soon as it's patched the error shows..

???? I'm lost... ???

4. hakojako

hakojako Thread Starter

yea...i havent found a answer yet either i donno what causes it. this isnt a old problem in the commuinity of bf ppl from bf2 have had this problem.
    i bought it from a local Game Stop.pre-ordered it back in June...so im gessing maybe the disc it self is messed..but one time i got one map to work and then they worked but i had to uninstall it... and now right back where i was when i first got it

5. chriscomputers

chriscomputers

Hey guys, I have been I think through every forum on the net dealing with this game and battlefield 2142 crashing. I have tried everything from deleting folders, registry entries, reinstalling, OS reinstall, and bug fixes. The customers PC I had this problem with was on a 3800X2 dual core athlon system with 1GB of memory and a 7600GT video card. The two errors I was having was first, the game just flat out was not starting, just booting for a bit and then back to desktop. The other error I would get was some stupid Sanity Memory error which would happen half way through booting into a map which didn't make any sense because the memory was good. I found a solution. I installed windows 2000 pro instead of windows XP. After installing windows 2000 all errors I once had with this game were non existent. I installed the games and the current packages and everything just worked. Not sure why this works with windows 2000 for me and not XP. Thought I let everyone know. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518069