1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to fix random "Start Navigation" clicking on SP3?!?!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by faugs, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faugs

faugs Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 and the same clicking sound that you get when you open a folder "Start Navigation" is just randomly happening all the time. I went into the control panel and turned the "start navigation" sound off but it doesn't matter it keeps clicking. It's driving me insane, I'll be listening to music or surfing the web and all I'll just hear is "click, click.... click.. click..."

ANY HELP would be GREAT Thanks!

2. cg2028

cg2028

3. faugs

faugs Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't have to do with internet explorer or the music players. I can exit out of everything and just leave my desktop up and you'll just hear sporadic clicks. I searched my computer for "start navigation" and found the actual .wav file (I opened it and played it on windows media player to much sure that was what I was hearing) and I completely deleted it off my harddrive. I put it in the recycling bin and emptied it. That didn't fix it though I'm still hearing random clicks and it's driving me insane!!! Anyone please help!! Thanks

4. faugs

faugs Thread Starter

sorry i gotta bump this my head hurts

5. cg2028

cg2028

you may have a virus.
    do you have anti-virus installed?
    if your background on your desktop contains active content it may also be the source of the clicking noise
    there are many possibilities for why this may be happening though

6. faugs

faugs Thread Starter

thanks for replying. I have AVG Anti Virus, and everything's clean. My desktop background is just a regular jpeg

7. nav2kz

nav2kz

i haf the same problem too. i knw how u feel, its freaking annoying.
    was ur problem solved? manage to get rid of that sound ?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice