How to fix vertical lines on laptop screen?

Tzion

My laptop are having an issue which is there are green and pink colours vertical lines on my laptop screen. When i pressed on the screen, the lines WONT be affected.
I've tried some ways from online to figure it out what's the problem, i've tried enter to BIOS mode, and the lines still there. Did that means it was Hardware issue instead of LCD ? How to fix it?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20200626141023.000000+480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 940M, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 155 GB (40 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO 20BUA1D1MY, ver SDK0J40705 WIN, s/n L1HF61V02A0
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1370, s/n PC0AGC2Q
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Attachments

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello Tzion. Welcome to TSG!!

It looks like the LCD itself is going south. There's really no easy, economical way to repair t he screen. You'd need to replace it. It's up to you to decide if it is worth it to you to do so. If you are somewhat technically and mechanically competent, you can most likely repair it yourself.

YouTube will have videos to demonstrate the disassembly of either your model, or one similar enough to show you how to replace it. You can search for a replacement screen for a price estimate. I'd wait until you can read the numbers on the back of the LCD before ordering a replacement.

Couriant

James
To echo what has been mentioned, the most likely cause is a defective LCD screen.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad T450 - Here is the manual. It looks like the LCD comes in a unit and the procedure does not look too difficult to replace.

FRU is 04X5914. You are looking anywhere from $75.00 to $100 USD depending on where you go. You will need to look for that FRU in your country.

Tzion

Hello Tzion. Welcome to TSG!!

It looks like the LCD itself is going south. There's really no easy, economical way to repair t he screen. You'd need to replace it. It's up to you to decide if it is worth it to you to do so. If you are somewhat technically and mechanically competent, you can most likely repair it yourself.

YouTube will have videos to demonstrate the disassembly of either your model, or one similar enough to show you how to replace it. You can search for a replacement screen for a price estimate. I'd wait until you can read the numbers on the back of the LCD before ordering a replacement.
Thank you so much !

Tzion

To echo what has been mentioned, the most likely cause is a defective LCD screen.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad T450 - Here is the manual. It looks like the LCD comes in a unit and the procedure does not look too difficult to replace.

FRU is 04X5914. You are looking anywhere from $75.00 to $100 USD depending on where you go. You will need to look for that FRU in your country.
Thank you so much for detailed explanation. However, im curious how did you know my LCD specific part no, that's incredible for me ! I think will not replacing it for now cuz its quite expensive/waste for unaffected 6 lines. And i learnt a lot ! Thank you !

Couriant

James
Thank you so much for detailed explanation. However, im curious how did you know my LCD specific part no, that's incredible for me ! I think will not replacing it for now cuz its quite expensive/waste for unaffected 6 lines. And i learnt a lot ! Thank you !
You can look up the parts of the computer by going to the Lenovo Service Parts Lookup page. By providing the serial of your machine (in your case: PC0AGC2Q), you can find all the part numbers. Whether you go to Lenovo or a 3rd party, that is your call. Going to the manufacturer would be preferable as you know you are going to get the correct and quality part, but generally more expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online