1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to FLash BIOS my WIN XP HANGS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wasd2k4, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

I have posted that my windows xp hangs and a reply came that my BIOS is not compatible with my OS but my windows 98 also hangs like the hang in windows xp. does it means also that my BIOS is not compatible with our OS. How can I Flash BIOS ? and one thing the hang started when something happened that makes the BIOS setup has been set all to defaults even the time.
    I forgot what it is but i think the problem is inside the BIOS Setup.

Note: MY MEMORY is not the problem because i have tried everything to our memory
    also not in our video card and also not the USB Modem and Printer

My System is

AMD 800 Duron
    ASUS Geforce 2 MX400 AGP Video Card
    1 GB RAM (But now is 512 because i remove the other 512)
    MS WIN XP Pro
    USB Modem
    USB Printer Epson C61
    Keyboard and Wireless Mouse

Most Runned Programs: Corel Draw, NBA Live 2003, 3DSMAX5, MS WORD, CnC Generals, NERO Express

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can get the instructions from the manufacturer's website which you'll need to visit to get the BIOS update fule and the Flash Utility. Do you know what motherboard you have?

Now that aside, if two O/S's hang then I doubt its a BIOS O/S compatibility although it could be an incompatibility with another card/part in the system(like Timing for RAM). Could be something like a bad mobo, powersupply or overheating. Do you know what temps the computer runs at?

Here's a link to a program to help identify the mobo if you wish to do the BIOS update: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

3. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

My motherboard is a Redfox motherboard and i don't know the temperature but i have a fan that is faced diractly to the CPU (opened)

whats a mobo?

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

do you know the exact model number of the mobo (motherboard for short.)?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!