1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to format window xp professional

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by honey9, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. honey9

honey9 Thread Starter

[hyy

i wwant to know how to format window xp professional .. i've do many research on this but i just cant get it..just want to know the steps and i have question to ask..is the resource cd and window xp installation cd same?? or do i have to get window xp installation cd?i have "resource cd only..
    kindly tell me all the steps.. how to set up the setup to boot the window. how to make it boot from the resource cd..
    thnks in advance...
    im beginner thats why i want to learn more and might ask other questions aswell...:) ]

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Windows XP Pro installation CD has the operating system so you can reinstall it.

What version of Windows XP Pro is listed on that CD, and does it include any of the service packs?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a good instructional and pictorial guide for formatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install of Windows XP Pro.

http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPPro/installxppro1.htm

If you're a beginner, I strongly suggest that you get a knowledgeable person to assist you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. baby32girl78

baby32girl78

Im not sure if this is the right topic or not to request help for but I have no clue where to start. I have been through remote assisstance with microsoft to scan for virus and the result came out clear of malware. I recently purchased this pc used and seemed ok for first week. I upgraded to sp 3 bc thats what i ahd on my last pc. The main issues i am having are not able to install certain programs due to " corrupt file", Int explorer 8 randomly closes bc of experienced problem then recovers and cycles again. Occasionally get blue screen and automatic shut down and sometimes disk check for consistency screen when starting up. I believe something is missing or needs updated and there is a piece of a puzzle missing but not sure where to start. I need adobe photoshop for what i do and cannot install due to these issues. I disabled firewall thinking that was reason but no luck. I appreciate any assisstance or recommendations to resolve this.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Welcome to the TSG forums.

Go to the "Windows XP" section, then click the "+ New" button in the upper left section of the page so you can start your own thread.

Give your thread a title, type in what problem you're having, then click "Submit New Thread".

If that computer is the same Dell that you have listed in your computer specifications, advise what the 7-character service tag number on the sticker is.

It's too difficult and too confusing to assist 2 different people with 2 different computers in the same thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------

5. baby32girl78

baby32girl78

If this helps at all part of error message included in report for ie 8 Modname mshtml.dll and file c:\docume~1\home\locals~1\temp\b518-appcompat.txt was included in the report

6. baby32girl78

baby32girl78

Ok, thank u, I will do that and I appreciate your help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/944883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice