1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to get 32 bit colour?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by stepheno, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

For images I use both Irfanview and XnView (both great apps) but I want to associate jpgs with Xnview for opening from Explorer. When I double click the photo I get a dialogue box telling me this is not a 32 bit application.

Sure enough - in Display, settings I do not have the choice of 32 bit colour. Can I rectify this?

Running W2K, 800 Celeron, 128 ram, S3 Trio 3D/2X Version 5.30.04 (8 mg shared ), CM1772FS Monitor 17" (New) set at 1024x768, No graphics card.

Many thanks in advance.

stepheno

ps I have installed the most up to date drivers for the monitor

2. Sponsor

3. Rockn

Rockn

32 bit color and a 32 bit application are two completely different things. It would seem that one of your applications you have associated with jpg files is not a 32 bit application that is incompatible with Win2K. can you open this application by itself without clicking the jpg in Explorer?

4. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

Hi Rockn - if I associate a jpg image with Irfanview or MS Photoeditor then it will open on a double click in Explorer. It's only
    XnView which wont.

stepheno

ps why is this blasted banner making my cursor blink?

5. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

pps - yes I can open a jpg when in Xnview, no problem.

stepheno

6. Rockn

Rockn

What happens if you try to associate them with Ifranview? If they open with that I would install or reinstall the latest version of Xnview.

7. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

They will open no problem with Irfanview. I'll try a new version of XnView. Might be tomorrow before I post back.

stepheno

8. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

Hi Rockn - I d/l'd latest Xnview (full package) reinstalled, reassociated in My Computer and Xnview and all works fine.
    Thanks for hanging in there.

stepheno

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/175899