1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to get a color to stick on e-mail/Word

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by naeem2, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

If someone sends me a list of 20 questions and they are in black text, and I want to answer them by typing the answers in RED at the end of each question, how do I do this without having to go back to the color palette after each one?
    If I have a list of 100 items in a WORD document and each item is for sale, how to I enter the price in RED beside each item after they are sold without the same problem as with replying to e-mail questions? 100 items means 100 trips to the color palette.
    Surely, Bill Gates has a way around this in his WORD and OUTLOOK EXPRESS, I just can't find it.
    Thanks

2. sekirt

sekirt

Don't have or want Word. But as to OE, the answer is no. Bill Gates does not. You have to highlight and change whatever text you want in red (or any color).

One work around might be this:
    OE->Tools->Options->Compose Tab->Font Settings Button.
    Enter everything you want in black. Then go there and change to red and put in everything you want in red.

Personally, I think that would be more trouble than it is worth.

sekirt

3. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

I created a new e-mail....5 lines of black, then did what you said and changed the compose font to red. I went back to the message I was composing and went to the end of the first line and it came out black. I went back to the settings and compose was still set on red. (?)
    When someone sends me a long e-mail with questions, etc. I like to reply back and within their document use colors to answer their questions or comments so that when they get it back it will not be all black.

I experimented more and on a new e-mail it will be red from scratch but trying to start one in black and go in and set it to red and go back to finish the e-mail does not seem to work.

4. sekirt

sekirt

I probably should have mentioned...it has to be saved to your Draft Folder with the black text. THEN go and change the settings to Red and open it. It should now show red text for all new copy. (It does with mine).

Saving to the Draft Folder does more than just "store" the email. It registers the contents with OE.

I understand your concept of colors to reply - do it all the time. I highlight each section and change to a different color.

sekirt

5. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

I'll try that....problem partially solved, pending some future version of OE.
    thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice