1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to get a WLAN on the same network as LAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by me55enger, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me55enger

me55enger Thread Starter

We have a Sonicwall NSA 3500. We have a seperate interface for LAN and WLAN. The WLAN is set up on a Sonicpoint. Right now, the LAN gives out 10.10.99.x addresses, the WLAN gives out 10.10.100.x addresses. What is the best way to get these two interfaces to give out addresses on the same scheme, ie both LAN and WLAN giving out 10.10.99.x addresses?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The SonicOS Enhanced 5.0 Administrator's Guide will be your friend here. Looks like page 258 is what you will need to look into. The IP range is assigned to each port so I don't know if you can do the same IP range on two separate ports.

EDIT: Although the next page may help you. You could do a start range of 192.168.0.1 and end range of 192.168.0.128 on the LAN (interface X0) and then the rest (192.168.0.129 to 192.168.0.255) on interface X2 (WLAN). My concern would be the gateways. I would assume it's not smart enough to figure that out and will conflict.

How many users total do you have? Why do you want to have them on same network? Are these networks able to see each other already?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice