Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NoIdeaWhatImDoing

I recently got a computer from a friend of mine and it is a X86 based pc. And I need it to be a X64 based pc in order to be able to work windows 64 bit. How do I change that? What do I need to get/install? Help?
EDIT:
Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 32-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz 26 °C
Haswell-E/EP 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Unknown @ 1199MHz (16-16-16-39)
Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme4 (CPUSocket) 29 °C
Graphics
VG248 ([email protected])
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI) 33 °C
Storage
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EZRZ-00GXCB0 (SATA) 26 °C
14GB KDI-MSFT Windows 10 USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 32-bit
Computer type: Desktop
Installation Date: 2/11/2018 8:03:16 PM
Serial Number: QDVR9-KJKMT-9T3BK-KHP3J-78Q97

Last edited:

NoIdeaWhatImDoing

So I got a pc basically just to game. I got the pc and immediately downloaded Overwatch but couldn't run it because my pc can't support windows 64 bit version. I looked into it and i need a x64 based PC. I have an x86 based pc. What do I do to get the x64 based pc????????

texasbullet

Ramon
So I got a pc basically just to game. I got the pc and immediately downloaded Overwatch but couldn't run it because my pc can't support windows 64 bit version. I looked into it and i need a x64 based PC. I have an x86 based pc. What do I do to get the x64 based pc????????
We need to know the Make, Model, serial number or service tag number for your computer.
If your computer can handle 64 bit OS, then you may need to buy a 64 bit OS program (W7, 8.1 or 10) and must have your computer drivers available too.
You can buy a refurbished computer too which most of them are now 64 bits, but you must check carefully on the specs.

NoIdeaWhatImDoing

We need to know the Make, Model, serial number or service tag number for your computer.
If your computer can handle 64 bit OS, then you may need to buy a 64 bit OS program (W7, 8.1 or 10) and must have your computer drivers available too.
You can buy a refurbished computer too which most of them are now 64 bits, but you must check carefully on the specs.
It was a custom build by a friend of mine. But this is what it has:
(ACPI X86 based pc)
Intel i7-5820K
32 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 970
3TB Harddrive
Windows 10 32bit version 1709
(32 bit operating system, X64 bit processor)

It was a custom build by a friend of mine. But this is what it has:
(ACPI X86 based pc)
Intel i7-5820K
32 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 970
3TB Harddrive
Windows 10 32bit version 1709
(32 bit operating system, X64 bit processor)

Wow...this has some red flags.....your OS and RAM. You have all that RAM installed and are only physically using 3.5 GB of RAM. This is the solely do your OS bit type choice. A 32 bit OS will only use 4 GB RAM and of that will actually use 3.5 GB of it.

In order to move from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS is to purchase a 64 bit OS and do a clean install.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
Asrock X99 Extreme should run 64bit fine. You will need to download the 64 bit version of Windows and have the key code. Install all the drivers.

NoIdeaWhatImDoing

Wow...this has some red flags.....your OS and RAM. You have all that RAM installed and are only physically using 3.5 GB of RAM. This is the solely do your OS bit type choice. A 32 bit OS will only use 4 GB RAM and of that will actually use 3.5 GB of it.

In order to move from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS is to purchase a 64 bit OS and do a clean install.
Could you recommend a product because my user name is serious. I had a friend build it because I am clueless about computers. I was just told to go out and buy a windows installer so I got the usb and installed it.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
Asrock X99 Extreme should run 64bit fine. You will need to download the 64 bit version of Windows and have the key code. Install all the drivers.
Your 32 bit Windows home keycode will not work. You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit.

NoIdeaWhatImDoing

I did install the windows. I plugged it in the usb and installed it the way it said to and thought I was done. But I couldn't do what I wanted. So I tried to install the upgrade and it said I couldn't support the 64 bit version??

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99 Extreme4/ Says right there. 64 bit. Download Windows 10 64 bit from here. Put it on your desktop "run as administrator" download the "usb" copy of Windows 10 64 bit to a flash drive. Install it.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99 Extreme4/ Says right there. 64 bit. Download Windows 10 64 bit from here. Put it on your desktop "run as administrator" download the "usb" copy of Windows 10 64 bit to a flash drive. Install it.
Download this program first and check to see if your processor can run 64 bit. http://www.igorware.com/64bit-checker

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online