Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Get Back to Vista From Windows 7

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
my laptop built in vista basic i gave it for upgrade got it with windows 7 saying that there will be some video playing problems as it is old laptop.. aftersome days lappy effected with virus and starts restarting when i plug in charger .. and now i want my vista back .. what should i do now ???

#3 ·
If you have the Vista Basic installation DVD and can still read the COA sticker for the Windows Product Key then install Vista.

If you have a set of Recovery DVDs or a backup image then re-image that way.

If you have neither try to find and buy a set of Recovery DVDs for your particular laptop.

#5 ·
Compaq Presario Desktop computers made in spring of 2003 and later come with a hidden preloaded recovery partition. This hidden partition can be used to recover all of the original software in the event of a major problem by pressing the F10 key repeatedly when the computer is first started.

If your computer cam with Recovery CDs instead, (or the option to create Recovery CDs), the following HP page has the instructions for doing a "Full system Recovery": https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007689

#7 ·
Does it have a hidden recovery partition? To find out, power it down, wait a few seconds, press the power-on switch and start tapping the [F10] function key. (A couple times per second should be fast enough). If and when the Recovery starts, simply follow the on-screen instructions.

If there is no recovery partition, the instructions to make a set of recovery CDs shipped with the computer. If you din't make them, or no longer have them, I do not know where you could get them at this late date. You might try HP Customer Support to see if they might still have a set that they'd be willing to ship to you for a few bucks to cover shipping.

If they don't, you might try eBay.com or Kinguin.net to see if anyone still has Vista for sale.

If no luck there either, I know you can get Windows 7.

#8 · (Edited)
Hp compaq presario v3000
What's the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that Compaq Presario V3000 series laptop?
my laptop built in vista basic i gave it for upgrade got it with windows 7
Are you saying that laptop originally came with Windows Vista Basic and then was upgraded to Windows 7?

From what I can determine, the V3000 series laptops all originally came with Windows XP.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.