1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to get bluetooth in my computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by asiongmovie, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asiongmovie

asiongmovie Thread Starter

Hi guys i need help how to get a bluetooth in my computer?

yesterday when i was in the mall i try to print some of the photos in my cellphone
    then the owner of the computer shop said send my photos via bluetooth i mean the owner of the shop not use
    card reader to transfer the photos in my cellphone to the computer i send only the photos in my cellphone via bluetooth.

First my system:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Here some of my question guys
    1. how to know if my computer have a bluetooth?
    where i need to go to check if my computer have bluetooth
    2. if my computer have bluetooth what i need to do to work the bluetooth in my computer
    3. if my computer don't have a bluetooth i just want to know if any free software in the internet
    can i download and install to my computer to get a free bluetooth in my computer
    i mean what i need to download and install to get a bluetooth in my computer for free

if anyone know how to get bluetooth in my computer please help me how to have a bluetooth in my computer
    i just want to transfer all the photos and videos mp3 movies and others files in my cellphone and send it to my computer via bluetooth without using a card reader.

thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Bluetooth is a short range wireless communications technology using Bluetooth specific radio hardware. You can usually check if your computer has the hardware by using the Windows Hardware Device Manager control panel. It is built-in on many cell phones and newer laptop computers.

Bluetooth hardware can easily be added to any Windows based computer that doesn't have it and is running Windows XP SP2 or later. This is usually done by using a small, and fairly inexpensive, Bluetooth adapter that plugs into a computer's USB port. You need to make sure that there are drivers available for your particular adapter and version of Windows.

Depending on the particular cell phone, you may need specific software on the computer to access the files saved on the cell phone. This software can usually be downloaded for free from either your cell service provider or from the phone manufacturer's web site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!