How to get data after formatting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blunderboy24

Guys,
Actually i was making a bootable pendrive.
During the process by mistake i formatted my hard disk instead of pendrive
And all my data and important stuff has been deleted.

Initially i was having C,D,E but now it is showing only C drive.

Please tell me is there any way by which i can recover my files.
Please help me out.

I will be thankful to you.....

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Are you saying the hard drive was in 3 partitions(C, D, E) before, and now it's in a single C partition?

What did you use to mistakenly format the hard drive?

Can you still start and boot to Windows?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you can still start the computer and load the Windows operating system, you didn't format the hard drive.

Formatting the hard drive would've wiped it out and would no longer have an operating system, unless you reinstalled it afterwards.

I'm not really sure what you did, and if your personal data can be recovered.

Let's see if some of the experts respond to your thread and help you resolve the problem.

No pun intended against your username, but that was a big blunder on your part. :eek:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

dustyjay

Jay
For future reference I would suggest a back-up plan. Such as possibly using Acronis Tru Image to image your hard drive just in case something like this happens. As has been stated by others in other cases, data you don't have at least one back up of is data you really don't care about. Back up or imaging can be done to an external drive.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That's very good advice.

I've seen too many people over the years who keep hundreds of irreplaceable photos and files in their computer and never back them up to an external hard drive or CD-R's or any other kind of backup media.

They assume their computer will work forever and never have a major problem.

When the hard drive dies or the operating system crashes or their personal data becomes corrupted, they're shocked and devastated.

------------------------------------------------------------------

blunderboy24

Guys, Thanks for your valuable advices.
But please can any one suggest me something which can help me in recovering it.
Now onwards i will take care of that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online