1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to get dual monitors.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by L_yndon, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. L_yndon

L_yndon Thread Starter

hey, just wondering how you can plug two monitors into one computer, i have a Radion 9800 graphics card with S-Video out, a high definition graphics port and standard blue port. and a few monitors all without high-definition plugs. i may be able to get a hold of a plug that converts a high definition port to a standard monitor port. if i do this will i be able to plug in the two monitors and get dual monitors? or will it not work because you cant combine a high definition monitor with a standard one. or is there some sort of other adapter i could get (i would prefer to not halft to buy a new graphics card or a second graphics card)

2. GripS

GripS

Too bad your video card did not come with a DVI adapter. You shouldn't have a hard time finding one at a computer store. Once you get that adapter you WILL be able to run 2 monitors.

3. L_yndon

L_yndon Thread Starter

i've never bought a DVI adaptor befor and when i did a few searches on DVI adaptors most of them appeared to openup into a high definition port, could you give me a little help on what one i may need? also once i get this part i should be able to use to use different programs on each monitor eg. Excell on one and Word on the other?

should this addaptor work? converting a white(dvi) port to a blue(vga) port giveing me two blue ports?
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=294667&pfp=BROWSE

Thanks!:D ---Lyndon

4. SacsTC

SacsTC

5. GripS

GripS

That's exactly what you need. But Whoa!! that's a hefty price! I like the price in the link SarsTC posted. I've got one sitting in my desk drawer right now. Wish I could just give it to ya but i may need it.

You will be able to span accross 2 screens or you will be able to clone the screens(useless). Just gives you more screen space.

6. Jsortland

Jsortland

Figuring you new to this yep thats why their there.. Upon getting your duAl monitor's youll want to right click your desktop chose properties and chose settings and make sure you chose the proper [1] and [2] montior keys because you can put your second monitor anywhere.. Problem i came across is which monitor you want your bios screen to load on.. well post that if u have a problem and ill attempt to answer

Joshua(y)

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hmm... I recently purchased an ATI 9800 board, and in the box was a DVI <-> VGA adapter.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice