How to get my old Hotmail emails into my new Outlook Hotmail account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sandycherie

How do I get my Hotmail emails over into my new Outlook Hotmail account I inadvertently created my new account without checking properly

:eek:

I sincerely apologize for my inattention to detail.

Here's the link.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-the-new/91b4a27f-5517-4f76-b448-02eb16efa8fc

Which references this URL
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-instead/cd917beb-e9aa-4d83-8732-fcffad0a3695

I created a new Outlook.com email address instead of renaming existing. How can I free up the new account?

Hi,

Before realising I could transfer/upgrade/rename my existing Live account to an outlook.com address, I created a new one in error. After realising my mistake, I deleted/closed the newly created outlook.com address then attempted to rename my current Live account to the now closed outlook.com account. Unfortunately I am not able to as I'm told I will need to wait 270 days before the account I created will be available for use.

Clearly I can prove I created the outlook.com account as I have all the security details. Is there any way of freeing up the account immediately?

Additionally, I am not the only person who has made this mistake, several of us jumped in feet-first. Below are a selection of links to people asking the same question. None of us have had a useful reply yet. Please can somebody provide us with a solution (other than mark your diary for 270 days from now)?
I hope this helps.

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online