1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to get my old laptop working again

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dawn gates, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawn gates

dawn gates Thread Starter

Hi I have just been given an old laptop but I have been told that I need a windows 95 disc and a modem to be able to get an internet connection I can get a hold of these but I am now told tha I need the orginal licence key to use them and I cant get hold of this, Does anyone know of a way around this or how to get the licence key. The laptop has only two numbers on it they are series 2920 and fcc id dpig5661 it is a compaq armada 1510

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please review the rules regarding circumventing Keycodes and licenses. It is not permitted to give advice on this subject on this forum. This is a form of software piracy.

3. arknorth

arknorth

What he said - now then...

I would assume that you can not find the Win 95's original jewel case or slip sleeve? The Key Code would have been on the back of it.

Now this Compaq is quite old. Extremely basic, with a first generation Pentium in it, and only 64MB of RAM max. How despirate are you on getting this beastie up and running? The internet these days would eat the poor thing alive, even if it could get there in the first place. But, it did come with a restoration disk (in this model, it would be overall red with white text and Compaq logo). It's key code would be on a Microsoft label on the bottom of the computer.

Good luck.

A-n

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice